Filter the list of publications by entering a keyword or by selecting tags. When multiple tags are selected, only publications with all of them will be listed.
- Anneli Hershman*, Juliana Nazare*, Marianna Walker*, Heather Pierce, James Gray, Ivan Sysoev, Martin Saveski, Sneha Makini, Eric Chu, Marc Exposito, and Deb Roy. (2019). Extending the SLP into the Home: Examining Coach-Supported Parent-Child Engagement With an Early Literacy App. Peer-reviewed talk presented at the November 2019 ASHA Convention. *Equal contribution.
- Anneli Hershman*, Juliana Nazare*, Ivan Sysoev, Lauren Fratamico, Juanita Buitrago, Mina Soltangheis, Sneha Makini, Eric Chu, and Deb Roy. (2018). Family Learning Coach: Engaging Families in Children’s Early Literacy Learning with Computer-Supported Tools. In Proceedings of the 26th International Conference on Computers in Education. Philippines, pp. 637-646. *Equal Contribution. pdf
- Nazmus Saquib, Deb Roy. (2018). Children-Centered Sensing in Early Childhood Classrooms. In Extended Abstracts of the 2018 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI EA ‘18). New York, NY, USA, Paper LBW055, 6 pages. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1145/3170427.3188559.
- Juliana Nazare*, Anneli Hershman*, Ivan Sysoev, Lauren Fratamico, Juanita Buitrago, Mina Soltangheis, Sneha Makini, Eric Chu, and Deb Roy. (2018). Child-Coach-Parent Network for Early Literacy Learning. In Proceedings of the Thirteenth International Conference of Learning Sciences. London, United Kingdom, pp. 1409-1410. *Equal Contribution. pdf
- Anneli Hershman*, Juliana Nazare*, Jie Qi*, Deb Roy, and Mitchel Resnick. (2018). Light It Up: Using Paper Circuitry to Enhance Low-Fidelity Paper Prototypes for Children. In Proceedings of the 17th ACM Conference on Interaction Design and Children. ACM, Trondheim, Norway, pp. 365-372. *Equal Contribution. pdf
- Juliana Nazare*, Anneli Hershman*, Ivan Sysoev, and Deb Roy. (2017). Bilingual SpeechBlocks: Investigating How Bilingual Children Tinker with Words in English and Spanish. In Proceedings of the Annual Symposium on Computer-Human Interaction in Play (CHI PLAY ‘17). ACM, Amsterdam, Netherlands, pp. 183-193. *Equal Contribution. pdf
- Ivan Sysoev, Anneli Hershman, Susan Fine, Claire Traweek, and Deb Roy. (2017). SpeechBlocks: A Constructionist Early Literacy App. Proceedings of the 2017 Conference on Interaction Design and Children, 10 pages.
- Anneli Hershman. (2017). They’re having fun… but are they learning? Blogpost for Media Lab Learning Initiative, cross-published on Medium. https://www.media.mit.edu/posts/they-re-having-fun-but-are-they-learning/
- Ivan Sysoev, Anneli Hershman, Susan Fine, Deb Roy, Mina Soltangheis, and Brianne Fitzpatrick. (2016). Exploring SpeechBlocks: Piloting a Constructionist Literacy App with Preschool Children. Presented at the 2016 American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) Conference. Philadelphia, PA. pdf
- Anneli Hershman, Ivan Sysoev, and Deb Roy. (2016). SpeechBlocks: Using Literacy Apps as Building Blocks to Analyze Play. Presented at the Conference for Digital Media and Learning (DML). Irvine, CA. pdf
- Anneli Rane Woolf. (2020). Discovering the Meaning Behond the Story: Creating a System for Documenting and SUpporting Children’s Narrative Development. Ph.D. Thesis, Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Ivan Sysoev. (2020). Digital Expressive Media for Supporting Early Literacy through Child-Driven, Scaffolded Play. Ph.D. Thesis, Massachusetts Institute of Technology. pdf